Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Political Views (Warning! left leaning view points! If it's not your thing, don't read it!)

Here we go into the controversy! I pay a lot of attention to politics & I've avoided doing blog posts on politics for I think obvious reason's, the fights. But I since I'm doing these get to know me blogs I thought I should at least outline these views as well since they do influence my reaction to certain news stories & other topics that I might like to  write about. I am a left winger, I believe that the government can be a good thing, it can & should take care of it's citizens. I love free health care, I would gladly pay higher taxes to cover everyone. Private health care does not work, if you need an example just look at America, it's infant mortality rate is at the same level as some underdeveloped countries. Preventative medicine helps keep health care costs down & ups our mortality rates. I believe that programs to help people out of work, or who are underemployed are needed & used by people who actually need them. There needs to be more programs for single mothers, children who live below the poverty line, & children who live in area's that can be high risk. Here in Toronto we desperately need an overhaul of our public transpiration system & we need more of it. Public transpiration cuts down on pollution & traffic. The government needs to invest more money into green technology to not only help out the environment but also to encourage innovation. We need to increase funding to Public Schools and stop giving out tax intensives for private schools & also stop funding Catholic School unless they operate as Public Schools do, without religion. Religious freedom is a must in this country & I am sick of people thinking every Muslim woman is oppressed! Freedom of speech is also important, but it does not mean that you can go spouting out hate without being called on it. Yes you have the freedom to say what you want, but I also have the freedom to tell you you're wrong, or just a douche. I'm pro choice, I believe in the simple truth that it's my body so FUCK OFF! Just as much as I can say no to having sex, I can say no to having a kid. I vote NDP usually here in Canada. I don't even want to touch on the Toronto Mayoral Race because that is just a cluster fuck, as well as the fact that it's going on for a YEAR! Our provincial election last like less than a month! That's the basics of my political views, there's more specific things, like who I hate in politics, scandals that make me want to hit myself with something hard just to forget it happened & the whole bullshit of what the States are now(that's like 3 desperate posts I think)

No comments: