Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Background

I was born in raised in Toronto. Technically I was born in Scarborough, lived in East & North York, until Toronto amalgamated & now it's all Toronto. Both my parents are from the East Coast, my mom's from Corner brook Newfoundland & my dad is from North Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. they met here in Toronto in the 70's. My parents split up when I was 8, my dad was an alcoholic (which talking about that may be another post). I have a younger brother, who's now married with 2 beautiful girls. My mom raised me & my brother by herself & did a very good job of it, we visited family almost every summer in the East Coast & my brother went to Boy Scouts for years. My family literally stretches across Canada now. I have family in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta & BC. We're all proud to be Canadian & love our country fiercely, even with it's faults. My mom's side of the family has lived in Newfoundland pretty much since the Brits started coming over to Canada. From what I know of my fathers side on my Granddad's side we stretch back that far too & were actually from Newfoundland as well. On my Nanny's side we're not sure. There is a possibility of 1st Nation blood, but we don't know & we're unsure of how to find out. So that's the basics of where I start.

No comments: